My name is Clarice, but most people, call me ReCe. I'm a happily married USAF spouse, mother to 3 girls, and an older sister to many....Here is my blog and here are some of my candy filled thoughts, lol

Saturday, August 11, 2012

He said, "I told you I got this!"

www.freedigitalphotos.net


Our big beautiful TV blew out a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I said to my husband was, "Let's call somebody."

He told me not to worry about it, he'll handle it. 

(Do some of you know how this story is about to go?)

So I searched online, even after he told me to stop because he's checking into a few things about how to fix the broken bulb in our TV and where to get it from. 

I then proceeded to ask my neighbor if she could recommend a TV repair guy. 

My husband, still ever so patient, told me, "You don't have to ask our neighbor for anything. I got this." 

So a few days passed and still there was silence in the man cave from the TV, because it still was not working. 

Again....this ever so dutiful wife, who felt that her tired, stressed out husband, already had so much on his plate, just wanted to help him....So I conveniently ignored everything he was saying and continued the search online, on YouTube, and even debated taking it apart myself to see if I could fix it. 

Mostly because it was taking a few days...Then a week....Then two weeks...

Then one day a box came....

Then he grabbed some tools and fixed the TV in about an hour. 

Now it works and he looked at me like, "Nah look here girlie, I told you I got this."

You sure did hubby! 

So I'm writing it in my diary that next time, when he says something, I'll actually stay SILENT & LISTEN and wait a few days....

Maybe even a couple of weeks....

Because sometimes when they say, "I got it"....Damnit, sometimes they do. :D

Updated to add: The light bulb blew the same day we put it in, lol. Oh well! Back to the drawing board. LOL 



No comments:

Post a Comment