My name is Clarice, but most people, call me ReCe. I'm a happily married USAF spouse, mother to 3 girls, and an older sister to many....Here is my blog and here are some of my candy filled thoughts, lol

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushroom w/Black Bean & Pineapple Salsa

Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushroom w/Black Bean & Pineapple Salsa

Something fishy is going on, this Election Day, and I am going to tell you what I found out! 

While cruising along the internet, I came across this recipe, and I actually had the ingredients at home...Even the mushrooms! So, I rolled up my sleeves, after voting of course, and dived right into my catch (in a can) of the day! 

This recipe was adapted from here 

I made a few changes.....

Ingredients

~4 Portobello Mushrooms 

~1 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter

~1 Can Tiny Canned Shrimp (or 6 oz fresh cooked and minced)

~1 Can white Crabmeat (or 6 oz fresh cooked) 

~ Italion seasoning mix (optional)

Dash of Old Bay Seasoning 

~ Non-stick cooking spray 

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

Spray a baking dish or cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray 

Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Put caps on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. 

Mince the stems and place in mixing bowl. Add shrimp and crab, without draining liquid. Mix well. 

In a frying pan, melt butter then add the shrimp/crab mix. Fill mushroom caps evenly with stuffing/seafood mix. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned. 


BUT WAIT....! THERE"S MORE.....!

Inspiration for the Black Bean & Pineapple Salsa can be found here 


Black Bean and Pineapple  Salsa

    1 can of Bush Brothers Sweet Mesquite Grillin Beans 
    1 pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into small chunks
    2 small tomatoes, diced 
    3 Tablespoons of Garlic cloves, minced
    2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt 
    1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice 
I let the beans simmer on the stove for a few minutes, drain the beans, and then mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  Taste a bit and if you want more zest, add some more lime. Need it a bit salty? Well...you know what to do! LOL 

It made a lot and it's nice, smokey, and sweet. It was a great side dish and I can't wait to put some in my Falafel Pita tomorrow...Yay!!! 

I hope you guys are having a nice, quiet, and peaceful time. Meditate on the things that you are thankful for in life. 

~Keep the Sun Shining in Your Heart~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment